Cancer is the second commonest killer of people in Pakistan. Thus it represents a huge disease burden on our nation. Surgical Oncology Society Pakistan (SOS-PK) is the main national representative body of surgeons from Pakistan with interest in cancer surgery.
It is an affiliate society of ESSO (European Society of Surgical Oncology) and is also part of the Global Cancer Surgery Leadership Forum Initiative of SSO – Society of Surgical Oncology, USA.
SOS-PK, established in Lahore in 2008, has the following 3 aims
1. To foster the development of education and training in cancer surgery by facilitating communication among the surgeons whose prime interest lies in this field. SOSPK achieves this by arranging conferences and symposia throughout Pakistan.
2. To promote the highest quality of care of the patients with cancer, emphasising multi-disciplinary team approach and advocating establishment of comprehensive cancer facilities providing all treatment under one roof.
3.To work towards cancer prevention & early detection by providing optimal awareness for general public, health administrators and healthcare professionals.
All surgeons with interest in Cancer Surgery, who agree with above stated aims of society, are welcome to join Surgical Oncology Society Pakistan. For membership form please click here
SOS-PK has been holding International Cancer Surgery Conferences in the historic city of Lahore every year from 2008 – 2021. The meetings are held in the first week of February to coincide with World Cancer Day (Feb 4) and the advent of spring in Lahore with its beautiful brilliant “basant” colours. 13th Cancer Surgery Conference was held on Feb 3-5, 2020 @Lahore.
14th Cancer Surgery Conference was held from Feb 4-6, 2022 at Faisalabad Medical University Faisalabad.
Prof Haroon Javaid Majid
Senior Vice President:
Prof Farooq Afzal
Prof. Muhammad Arshad Cheema (Founding President)
Prof Khalid Durrani
Prof Abdul Majid Chaudhry
Prof. Zafar Ali Choudry (Past President)
Prof. Abul Fazal Khan
Prof Javed Iqbal (QMC)
Prof Mahmood Ayaz
Dr Amir Ali Sayed
Prof Tayyab Abbas
Head Academic Affairs:
Prof Imran Anwar
Prof. Ahmed Uzair Qureshi
Prof Abrar Ashraf
Dr. Aun Jamal Gill
Joint Secretary :
Dr Muhammad Imran Khokhar
Dr Zaeem Khalid
Dr Haroon Ghous, Dr Haroon Majid, Prof Abul Fazal, Prof M Arshad Cheema, Prof Zafar Chaudhry, Prof Muhammad Azeem
For the membership form to join SOSPK Click the link below
- Contact SOSPK
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’sAp : +92 345 404 2256
- Postal Address: SOS-PK @ Head Department of Surgery Office
Sheikh Zayed Hospital Lahore Pakistan